Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges

Welcome to Quirky Crafts Challenges the place where any craft project is allowed.

We're a small design team with big inspiration.

On the first Sunday of the month, at 6pm UK time, we will set a new challenge which will close on the 28th of that month at midday. The DT will pick their top three favourites and you could win a prize and join us as a Guest Designer. Winners are posted on the first Sunday in the month (midday usually) before the new challenge - don't forget to come and check if you are a winner.
______________________________________________

Sunday, 11 September 2011

Challenge 19 - 2011 - ABC (Anything But a Card!)

Hello and welcome back to Quirky Crafts! It is my turn (Caro) to set this week's challenge and because my son starting school for the first time made me think of ABC (an acronym for Anything But a Card) and because I am really a scrapbooker at heart I thought it would be nice to challenge you all to make us something that is NOT a card! It can be anything else you like (scrapbook layout, ATC, inchies, bookmarks, altered art etc), in any style you like. I look forward to seeing some different inspiration.

This week we have the lovely Robyn's Fetish sponsoring us and they kindly supplied all the super digi images used by the Design Team. The prize for the DT choice winner is to choose either 5 digi images or 4 digi images and a digi paper pack from our sponsors and they will be invited to join us as Guest Designer for a future challenge. The winner of the public vote will also be invited to join us for a future challenge as Guest Designer and both will get the winners badge to proudly display on their blogs.

Here are the design team examples to inspire you for our Anything But a Card challenge:

Guest Designer Lyn - Twisted Witch created this lovely layout with Emily reading from the back to school range, perfect choice for this layout.

Guest Designer Mona made a great bookmark for her husband (who was very pleased with it). Mona used Bookworm and Backpack and School Accessories all from the back to school range.

Guest Designer Hazel made a very useful notebook using the popular Bookworm image and School Supplies accessory pack. Hazel also said "I used Collage Press Journalling Cards Ledger paper, printing directly on to it and colouring with copics."

Thank you to all three of our lovely guest designers this time, and didn't they do well with their lovely makes!

Caro just had to make a scrapbook layout of her son's first day at school which was this week. She used the school supplies accessory pack and Backpack as elements on her layout (sorry about the photo!).

Diane
I decided to use some of the lovely school images provided to make a pencil box. I made it from scratch using some old mount board off cuts I had lying around. I covered it in some denim look paper, added the images coloured with my trusty promarkers and then I couldn't resist adding some graffiti too!















Lyn (Spyder)
I've made a bookmark using papers from our sponsor and some of the back to School images as well. The Katy image is fixed on with 3D foam pads so she can save your page for you.
I've left space for a name or anything else you feel you'd like to write. 'Hands Off my Book!" most likely!
Cazzy said: I made two book marks, I was going to use the images back to back for a double sided bookmark, but the green card I used for the backing is rather thick so I changed my mind and made two of them. Double the fun! I used Bookworm with ruler from the accessory pack, and Don't Rain on My Parade, as on a rainy day there is nothing better than curling up with a good book! Both images were coloured with Promarkers and Trias, and I decided to laminate the bookmarks (so the mistake I just spotted will have to stay) before adding an eyelet and a tassle to each.

I also made this pen pot using the crayons from the accessory pack, coloured with Promakers and cut out, and I added ribbons to hide the plastic edges and a kraft card liner.



Now let's see what you can do. Please click on the big blue frog to enter and give us the link to your blog post with your entry, not just your blog, and please come back and vote for your favourites on Friday 23rd September after 6pm, or Saturday 24th September before 5pm UK time.

The Quirky Crafts Challenge Design Team.Please click on this Blue Froggie here to add your project (not the smaller frog at the bottom)
Refresh the page if he does not show
.

24 comments:

  1. Oh, Ladies! These samples are wonerful. I was so curious about what you would make with our images. Thank you so much for the great projects using our Back to School themed images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab makes everyone, all so different and clever.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge, and nice projects everyone. Thanks for letting me play along.
    :) Chris / CS Designs
    http://www.cs-designs.blogspot.com/
    http://www.doodlepieces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding my work here, love the challenge and the entries are awesome!

    http://kellyskreativekorner.blogspot.com/2011/09/swapping-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyn, thanks for adding me, it didn't show Mr. Linky at the time I entered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous DT work.
    Linky isn't showing so you can find my project here.
    TFL
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's okay Lisa, I've added you too!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for hosting this challenge :D Your DT inspiration is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for a fabulous challenge. Your inlinkz wouldn't let me enter the normal way so HERE is my entry.
    Love Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the fun challenge ladies! Re; Linky disappearing. I've noticed that sometimes when he doesn't show, if you click on the post title instead of just the blog home, he'll pop up, I think he just like hiding :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Challenge and Beautiful DT Inspirations! Linky is still hiding! LOL! Here is my picture....

    http://creativeaddictionsbysara.blogspot.com/2011/09/strawberry-keeper.html

    Here is my email... creativeaddictionsbysara@gmail.com

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spyder....I think he's still hiding cause I can't link up
    here's my link
    http://papercraftpleasures.blogspot.com/2011/09/hop-on-halloween-bus-and-take-ride-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. added you Jan...
    try refreshing the page if you're having trouble...and clicking the froggy at the top not the one below!! Fabulous makes everyone, this is going to be soooo hard to chooooose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please find attached my card as the linky is not working

    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here is my entry as InLinkz isn't working!

    http://kelly-annesblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/advent-calendar.html

    Love
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't seem to add my link :(
    http://craftythinker.blogspot.com/2011/09/crafty-make-over-of-my-teacher-planner.html

    Amy Tidd (Crafty ThINKer)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inlinkz are looking into the problem linking, hope to have some news soon.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We would love you to comment on this post.
All comments are moderated and they may take a while to appear, but as soon as one of the team sees your comment it will be published.